Well, I would have to say this vacation was a success. Not that I didn't think it would be good. Carrie, the boys and I came down last Saturday, Nov. 22. Carrie flew first class while I hung in coach with the boys. Lucky!!!
Sunday, we hung out with family and had a great time catching up. We then went out with Brent (Carrie's brother) and Sarah (Carrie's cousin) for drinks at The Fisherman's restaurant. I of course started with 2 oyster shooters- FRESH! and Delicious!! And also had a couple of Jack and Cokes. Carrie had a few Margaritas and we had a good night. It was a lot of fun hanging out. Carrie had a hard time walking home, but between the three of us, we were able to help.
Monday we went to Disneyland. You know you are a grown up when you take your kids on more little kid rides and you go on less cool, fun, adult rides. Eric actually went on Space Mountain and Splash Mountain though, so I can't complain too much. The kids were just beat!!!
Tuesday was a chill day. We just hung out around the house. We were pretty tired from D-Land. We did go down to the park down the street and played for a while, then went for a walk along the pier.
Wednesday, both of Carrie's parents worked, so we hung out for a while, and went to the park again. Carrie and I went back to The Fisherman's for dinner and had the crab feast. Holy #$@!, we ate sooooooo much food. And Thanks to Bob, the General Manager of The Fisherman's for taking care of the $145.00 bill. We had to go get cash for the tip, as we were not expecting our friend Bob to take such good care of us. We came back to the house and were both in a food coma.
Thursday of course was Thanksgiving. We had more relatives visiting (Scott's brother Kent and his wife Sho) and Brent came for dinner. Carrie made her awesome Turkey and Lois made the rest of the traditional food. It was awesome and I was in another food coma for the second day in a row.
Friday we went to the San Diego Zoo Wildlife Animal Park. Pretty cool place! It really was like an African safari. There were lots of elephants, zebras, giraffes, rhinos, etc. Fun and tired us all out. We went to Ramano's Macaroni Grill for dinner, which put me into food coma #3 for the week. My stomach hates me. It was Lois's b-day so I kept pretending the singers were going to come sing to her. They never did, because they went on break when the server brought over the cake. Lucky Lois. We leave tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how the plane ride goes. I'll be sitting in 1st class on the way back home.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment